Businesses across many industries rely on commercial automobiles for countless aspects of day-to-day operations. Farms, sanitation companies, energy companies, transportation enterprises, and other businesses of all sorts have a consistent, ongoing need for use of commercial vehicles. Whether you’re transporting goods, fuel, passengers, employees, or anything else, ensuring comprehensive commercial auto coverage is essential to the long-term security and well-being of your business.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
Commercial auto coverage primarily differs from personal vehicular coverage in that it covers vehicles, and transportation in vehicles, used for business purposes. Specific policy aspects may cover any of the following:
- Physical damage coverage will comprehensively protect your vehicle if it is damaged in any way
- Uninsured motorist coverage will protect your vehicle if damaged in an accident by a person who is uninsured or underinsured
- Bodily injury coverage comprehensively covers personal injuries in any accident in which a company vehicle is involved
- Medical payments expands on this coverage to cover subsequent medical costs that result from an accident
- Property damage coverage pays for damages when your company vehicle is at fault
Whether your company drives flatbeds, dump trucks, semi trucks, limousines, buses, or something else entirely, sufficient commercial auto coverage will protect your company’s finances, your employees, and your clients.